Saturday – February 8, 2020 11:30pm -1:30pm @ Gerber State Bank parking lot – 110 E Elm St, Argenta, IL.
Entry fee: $10 Checks payable to Argenta In Motion
Entering into this People’s Choice Competition, you agree to prepare 3 gallons of your chili, arrive at Bargenta by 11:30 am and be ready to serve from 12:00 – 1:30 pm.
Prize money awarded for 1st place: $100, 2nd place: $50, 3rd place: $25 Winners announced uptown after the ice carving demo, outside of Bargenta at 2:00 pm.’
Rules & Information:
- Submit your $10 Entry fee to Amanda Havener (PO Box 394 Argenta, IL) by mail or schedule a drop off time by calling 217-433-5012
- All chili must be brought prepared and ready to compete. You are required to remain with your chili to serve & answer questions.
- Please arrive at the Gerber State Bank parking lot, 110 E Elm St, by 11:30 am to check-in and set up your space.
- If you prefer to serve your chili with any special condiments or toppings (shredded cheese, onions, sour cream…) be sure to bring them. These items will not be provided.
- Each participate will be provided a serving ladle & cups, table space and an electric outlet source to keep your chili heated
- Any leftover chili and accessories will need to be cleared by 3:00 pm.
- This is a People’s Choice competition. The winners will be voted on by the community tasters. Festival goers can purchase tickets to vote for their favorite chili at the door: $5/5tickets or $10/15tickets
- Tastings will end at 1:30 pm, the votes tallied and winners will be announced after the live ice carving demo is finished uptown Argenta, right outside the Gerber State Bank parking lot at 2:00pm.
Enter now, limited spots available! Complete the form below, or click here to print a form to mail (see line 1 of rules for address).