2023 IceFest – Saturday, February 11th
In 2017, Argenta in Motion (A.I.M.) held the 1st Annual Argenta IceFest featuring live carving demonstrations and over 25 ice sculptures placed throughout Prairie Park and downtown Argenta.
Since then, the Argenta IceFest has added nearly double the amount of sculptures and many other family-friendly activities. All sculptures are carved by Argenta Native, Olympic Gold Medalist Ice Carver, Aaric Kendall and other talented artists.
There will be live carving demonstrations at 11:00am, 1:00pm, and 3:00pm, a Chili Cook-off, a vendor fair at the high school sponsored by the Class of 2023 Post Prom Parents, 50/50 drawing and more for the 7th annual Argenta IceFest!
2023 IceFest Flyer
2023 IceFest Sponsorship Brochure
Click here to Sponsor the 2023 IceFest
2023 IceFest Chili Cookoff – CANCELLED!
Unfortunately due to a change in local health department rules & guidelines we have had to cancel this portion of the event.
Saturday – February 11, 2023 11:00m -1:00pm @ Friends Creek Community Building – 101 E Elm St, Argenta, IL.
Entry fee: $20 Checks payable to Argenta In Motion
Entering into this People’s Choice Competition, you agree to prepare 3 gallons of your chili, arrive at the Friends Creek Community Building by 10:30am and be ready to serve from 11:00am – 1:00 pm.
Prize money awarded for 1st place: $150, 2nd place: $75, 3rd place: $50 Winners announced at 1:00pm
Rules & Other Information
- Submit your $20 Entry fee & form to the Argenta Village Hall at 330 N Warren St, Argenta, IL 62501 by mail or drop off at the Village Hall Make checks payable to: Argenta In Motion
- Event date: Saturday – February 11, 2023 11:00am -1:00pm. Submitting your form will reserve your spot. Space is limited / First-come, first-served basis.
- Each contestant will provide 3 gallons of your homemade chili.
- All chili must be prepared and ready to compete when you arrive. You are required to remain with your chili to serve & answer questions.
- Please arrive at Friends Creek Community Building, 110 E. Elm Street, by 10:30am to check-in and set up your space.
- If you prefer to serve your chili with any special condiments or toppings (shredded cheese, onions, sour cream and/or jalapeños) please be sure to bring them. These items will not be provided.
- Each participant will be provided a serving ladle & cups, table space and an electric outlet source to keep your chili hot!
- This is a People’s Choice competition. The winners will be voted on by the community tasters! Festival goers can purchase tickets to vote for their favorite chili at the door: $5/5tickets or $10/10 tickets. Chili will also be sold by the bowl – $5.00
- Tastings will end at 1:00pm, the votes tallied and winners will be announced at 1:30pm.
- Any leftover chili and accessories will need to be cleared by 2:30pm